I'm wanting some learning resources for C++11 oriented toward advanced programmers. I already know C and C++ quite fluently. But since I haven't used either in a couple years for any serious/commercial work, I'm a bit rusty in certain areas. Some of the things I need to brush up on:
- "const correctness"
- the various cast operators and when and when not to use each
- all of the stuff available in the 11 standard libraries and how to use them (I'm prone to reinvent wheels)
- proper C++ software design practices and conventions
- general best practices and pitfalls
- proper template class design
I'm not really doing this for any important project or commercial work... we're using C# for our projects. But I invested a lot of time (and money) in the past into my programming skills, which included C and C++. It's not an art I want to lose. And since I now have Visual Studio 2012 and C++11 is out and taking the programming world by storm I don't want to end up behind the times; I've got to keep up with the rest of the world.
I'm looking for any online references/materials, articles, tutorials, books, videos and anything and everything that can be helpful to me in re-mastering C++ and learning about the new C++11 standard.