- The game itself is a side-scrolling puzzle game, and thus has a camera suited to that.
- The game is presented without words, and so there will be no dialogue (grunts, wordless screams, breaths, etc. are okay)
- Can produce animated cutscenes, but sparsely (will only be included while acquiring items/major story points)
So far, my ideas are as follows:
- Have the enemies eventually begin to sob/act afraid of you towards the end, creating uncertainty over reality.
- Have a rare breed of enemy that is invincible to anything. Can kill you instantly, but moves at a slow rate (think Slender or SCP).
- Areas in which being seen creates a deadly chaos of enemies that must be escaped.
- Creating an enemy type/boss that would be seen as controversial to attack (eg: innocent-looking children)
- Bodies strewn about, sometimes housing an enemy type.
- Rooms that come before important parts, left completely silent compared to the other rooms, making suspense.
- Avoiding presenting the mysterious threat at the beginning of the game, until enough buildup.
- Being unable to attack, forcing flight instead of fight.
- Offering fewer save points, and giving lower non-recovering HP on player, to make death more of a fear. (debating)
I check fairly frequently, so if you require anything on my part, I'll try to help clarify or explain!