Arghhhhh exporting .x with animations

Started by
0 comments, last by Steve_Segreto 11 years, 4 months ago
Ok this is what i am doing, i have 3dsmax 2012 installed, i have the panda exporter plugin installed, i have a rigged model in 3dsmax that has the physic modifer to hande bone movement with the vertexs, when i export .x and then run the .x in a model loader that supports animations , the animations dont play but it says it has animations in the top left and it has 35 bones, this is really starting to pee me off big time and i would like expert help on the issue if i can.

What i dont understand is i have a sample appilcation off the internet and the model dosent have any bones at all , yet the model can do diferent animations such as walk,run,jump etc, how can you do all that if there is no bones needed?
:)
Advertisement
In answer to your second question, search for Vertex Morphing, Vertex Tweening or Vertex Animation. Basically the older games/engines used this approach. For each animation keyframe you store a copy of every vertex positioned appropriately. No rigging/skinning/bones required.

For your first question, can you examine the X file as a text file and see what is going on with the AnimationSets?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement