I've tried to make one of the old/typical browsergames by my own with html, php, sql.
Because im pretty new to this staff I couldn't finish this project due to no experience and some problems.
Then I startet to search browser based game engines... and found some buggy sh1t hehe
Now I want you all to ask this:
1) Do you know an engine, wich comes with the following features (see sfgame.co.uk for ref):
- character (creation, leveling, attributes)
- quest (random quests, story quests)
- pvp (arena, massfight/guildfight)
- guild (permissions, bonuses)
- items (shops, inventar)
2) If not, is this forum the right place to get some experienced help with php browsergames?
I know ofc that point 1) is much. Maybe you know something that matches a bit of them. I learned some other things better by getting some small and made it great.
Hey and thanks.
Is JS usable for multiplayer browsergames too?
I mean like you register with your E-Mail, do some quests, level up, meet friends and hold your progress every time you log in again (Database holds it ofc).
If a data base is holding all of your game data, JS can access that by itself, or you can use SQL to make things easier. Actually, PHP might come in handy for managing your data, despite what I said before. (PHP is great for lower level stuff like data, I just wasn't going to recommend it for graphics). If youd don't wish to juggle so many scripting languages at once, all of this can be done inside a java applet also.