I want to start a new project and have a few questions.
It should only provide Multiplayer, so I need to use TCP and UDP protocols and a Database and FTP for the Server. Its 3D first-person view.
- C++ is the best option to programm such a game wich could get a bigger project, am I right?
- DirectX or OpenGL? Which is easier to use and which is faster for 3D graphics and landscapes?
- Are there any engines that are made for creating games? Also under free Licenses like GNU?
- Are there any tutorials for building Login and/or World TCP/UDP Servers in C++ for an unlimited amount of players?
- Is Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2010 the right choice to programm such a game?
- Are there any tutorials for structuring and organizing games?
I'd would be nice, if someone could help me.
And I apologize in advance for my bad english.
Edited by kubus1123, 29 December 2012 - 07:30 PM.