I have been working on this for about a month and half now, with two weeks spent on the first iteration and the last 3-4 on changes suggested by this wonderful community.
I have worked my way through the the list and am now (in loose quotations) finished. I am pleased with what I have learned on the way, and how I will take some of it forward. I also realise that my code was nowhere near what it should have been and have revised much of it.
There are still some issues:
- Hard-coded/cumbersome state machine in Game.h (to be revised in next project)
- Ball sprite appearing white (this is one I could use some advice on)
- Game over text being highlighted incorrectly
- Lack of sound/save functionality.
- Players should probably by local to Game.h and opposed to Arena.h
Could I get you guys to try it out, and have a gander at the code as some new feedback would be excellent to take into the next project. Please find this below.
I write this late and will probably think of extra things, and add them tomorrow.