I've played/enjoyed a few City Building games, and I'm considering building one now. What do you think makes a good City Builder?
Here's a few basics I can think of, what do you think should be added or edited? Or just in general, what have you really enjoyed?
1) Simple rewards over time, Money for doing things.the question is how fast.
2) Tasks lists. Can do more than one thing.
3) Tech trees. I.e. can't have an armory without a black smith. Need farmers before making a farmer's market.
4) Need resources: Coal, Wood, Iron, Food, Soldiers, Weapons.
5) Prepare defensive military: soldiers, etc...