Problem with compiling devil with Visual Studio 2010

Started by
8 comments, last by yasmin_bd 11 years, 2 months ago

Hi,

I am having the following errors while compiling devil with MS Visual Studio 2010 in my windows 7 machine.

In Linker->Additional dependencies , I put the following:DevIL.lib;ILU.lib; ILUT.lib;

I have added include and lib directories under VC++ directories.
Then I put the dll files under System32 and SysWOW64 directories.
I don't under what else can be the linking problem.
Do I need to do anything else?

I downloaded the following from the website: DevIL-SDK-x64-1.7.8

/****************************************************************************************************************************/

Generating Code...

1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol__imp__ilutGLLoadImage@4 referenced in function "void __cdeclInitTextures(void)" (?InitTextures@@YAXXZ)

1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ilutRenderer@4 referenced in function _main

1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__iluInit@0 referenced in function _main

1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ilInit@0 referenced in function _main

1>C:\Users\MYG741\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Textures\Debug\Textures.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved
externals

1>Build FAILED.

1>1>Time Elapsed 00:00:01.26

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

/********************************************************************************************************************************************/

Advertisement

You downloaded the 64-bit versions - by any chance, are you building a 32-bit application?

Direct3D has need of instancing, but we do not. We have plenty of glVertexAttrib calls.

yes, i am trying to compile in debug mode on Win32 platform.

Well an x64 library won't work then - you need to grab the x86 version instead.

Direct3D has need of instancing, but we do not. We have plenty of glVertexAttrib calls.

So you suggest me to download DevIL-SDK-x86-1.7.8.zip ?

The one already installed, I tried to compile using x64 platform, but It didn't compile either. Could you tell me why?

No idea; I've never compiled a program using it. But that aside - if you're building a 32-bit program you should link to 32-bit libraries, and this is true even if the OS is 64-bt.

I downloaded the 32-bit libraries. The program compiles, but texture is not displayed. I don't know what an be the error. Please provide some suggestion.

Run a debug build, step through it, see where things go wrong.

i can't figure out any error, with download, two version of dll, lib come, one in unicode folder, i m not sure whether there is any relation with that.

I tried to figure out error using the following:

ILenum Error;

while ((Error = ilGetError()) != IL_NO_ERROR) {

printf("%d: %s/n", Error, iluErrorString(Error));

}

It prints as follows:

"1291: invalid extension/n1290: could not open file/n"

I placed the image file in right directory. What does the eror mean?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement