Difference between Renderform and Windows Form?

Started by
2 comments, last by rtclawson 11 years, 2 months ago

When I use a SlimDX RenderForm in the Visual Studio 2012 debugger, the output looks fine. However, when I use a Windows Form, the debugging information in the window is huge and pixelated. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? I've attached an image of what the Windows Form looks like.

Advertisement

The first idea I jump to is welcome to windows and DPI problems but it's not likely this is actually the case here. Post code and give more information we can try to help, best we can guess is either you are letting the device context handle text scaling which would lead to DPI related scaling where windows tries to make your font's as big as the user wants instead of following your guidelines (although this normally doesn't have anything to do with rendering api's just WinForms) or that measuring systems, resolution, field of view, and or aspect ratios are different. Quite a slew of "could be" things that can be mentioned, posting some code will narrow that down to some more likely culprits.

Dan Mayor

Professional Programmer & Hobbyist Game Developer

Seeking team for indie development opportunities, see my classifieds post

So, I am not actually drawing the text. It is part of the Visual Studio debugging framework. My code is as bare bones as you can get. I am basically doing what you would find on the SlimDX tutorial for drawing a triangle, except I am not using the RenderForm class. This is what gives me my suspicion that that difference is the cause of the problem. One thing to point out also is the pixelated triangle. It just seems like something is wrong, but I don't have the background in graphics to tell you what it is.

I found the error. I was changing the size of the window after I initialized the swap chain/viewport etc. Sometimes I wonder...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement