Started by
27 comments, last by MJP 11 years, 2 months ago

Thought you guys would like to now :)

http://www.develop-online.net/news/43146/Microsoft-confirms-XNA-is-over

Best Regards

Thomas

//Thomas Wiborg

Advertisement

There really needs to be some functionality that shows when similar topics already exist.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

There really needs to be some functionality that shows when similar topics already exist.

like...and stay with me on this one...a search function?!

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

well,i never used xna,mostly because it was in c#.But I'm sure they'll make a replacement for it

well,i never used xna,mostly because it was in c#.But I'm sure they'll make a replacement for it

It's called "OpenGL". wink.png

[size="1"]And a Unix user said rm -rf *.* and all was null and void...|There's no place like 127.0.0.1|The Application "Programmer" has unexpectedly quit. An error of type A.M. has occurred.
[size="2"]

It's called "OpenGL". :wink:

gimme an OpenGL that behaves reasonably consistent on different vendors hardware and I'll believe you...

Direct3D has need of instancing, but we do not. We have plenty of glVertexAttrib calls.

OpenGL 1.1 should behave consistently by now :P

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

It's called "OpenGL". wink.png

It's called MonoGame.

So C++ with the new math libs is the only future proof option?

So C++ with the new math libs is the only future proof option?

Define "future proof"?

If you want to make games for XBLIG, then XNA is still the only option, even though there's not going to be any updates to it from now on...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement