Name for a female character

Started by
14 comments, last by JLW 10 years, 11 months ago
I need a name for a female whose very talented and she flaunts it in hopes to lower your self esteem.She has a ton of brainwashed people by her side who blindly follow her ignoring her ,rotten personality.She doesn't fight her own battles, she rather but a smartass and teleport away.
Based off of someone I knew in real life named Rachael.
What names do you guys have in mind?
Advertisement

Hi! First off, don't provide us with the name of the person it is based upon, it'll lead to sub-conscious choice prejudice upon deciding the name.

Ohk, so the personality you are describing is one of dominance, with a hint of playfulness Added with the fact that she is rather intelligent, we could also say that she is overly aggressive over-confident and considers herself superior.

So we're looking at a women with traits that point to one resounding personality, narcissistic.

In that case, we'd be looking for an exotic name that instills a sense superiority. That tends to be something long enough to make you question her position, but short enough to keep that exotic feeling.

Ohk, now you are set for what you want your name to be like. This leads to how you are going to create this said name. I use two things.

1. I'll google it. I just googled "exotic names" and the first page was a list of different exotic girl names from different country's, a good way to start.

2. I find different names I believe fit the category, and I like, and I put them all otgether. Once I'm satisified I have enough, I'll have a look at all the names. Slowly crossing them out one by one until I reach the name I wish her to have.

Let me show you an example:

So I google exotic names, now I have a huge pile of different names with many I don't even like. At all.

So I create my list,

Exotic names:

Celestine

Delphine

Consuela

Ludovica

Alessia

Now I have my list, hypothetically (your list should be much longer), so I look at it. Ohk, I love the name Celestine for this cahracter so that name stays. Delphine just appears to cute to consider for her, so I get rid of it. Consuela is quite exotic, but I feel as if it is too submissive of a name to keep. Ludovica feels too lovey dovey for me. Alessia appears to be good for dominance, and it is also quite exotic.

So now my list looks like this:

Celestine

Alessia

And now you choose your favourite, which mine would be Celestine. I feel it has the right balance in being exotic, but also showing its hold on superiority. When you do yours, your eliminations will be more the twice, since you'll have a LOT of names preferably.

Now, go ahead. It is your turn, don't just take the name I picked because it is easier. This is YOUR story, so pick a name for your own character. I only wish to help you towards that goal.

If, at any point, what I post is hard to understand, tell me. I am bad at projecting my thoughts into real words, so I appreciate the knowledge that I need to edit my post.

I am not a professional writer, nor a professional game designer. Please, understand that everything you read is simply an opinion of mind and should not, at any point in time, be taken as a credible answer unless validated by others.

Delilah

shirona

I'm thinking Rosalina.Delilah is good too actually

Sharona

I need a name for a female whose very talented and she flaunts it in hopes to lower your self esteem.She has a ton of brainwashed people by her side who blindly follow her ignoring her ,rotten personality.She doesn't fight her own battles

Josie

Betty

Hunter

Jacqueline

Natalie

Roxanna

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

You should go against typecast and confuzzle the peoples. I therefore suggest woman's names ending in "I". Plus the humour of people of blindly following the "typecasted Bimbette" who turns out to be a ruthless bitch is not to be underestimated.

Bambi

Randi

Mindi

Miffi

kerri

Ami

Bindi

Nikki

Heidi

etc.

She's GOT to be called Modesty :P

Jean-Claude ?smile.png