Could u plz. help me answering these porting questions?
It is a company level task for me, but I hardy find any info on them neither on stackoverflow nor tomsguide.
In addition, not much further info is available for me/us about these questions either.
(Some kind of widely used authorized NDS develop tools are owned by the company for sure.)
1. You have to port an existing AAA iPhone 3D game for the Nintendo DSi.
List what are the 3-4 biggest challenges on the programming side.
2. If you have to port a “Assassins Creed" -like game from the iPhone to Nintendo DSi.
a. How many members will you have in your team, and in what role?
b. How long will this project last?
Until now I heard these answers:
- vram management, 512kb, manage memory banks etc. its really a different world than modern phones
-2048 triangles rendering limit ( i dont remember exactly ) - but the ds
can only draw a fixed number of triangles, so if your source game is
not tailored that way, you can run into troubles
- Very strict polygon limit
- No shaders
- Not much memory
- Impact of extra screen on HUD design and controls
- No multi-touch
- No floating point unit
- Limited CPU power
a very rough estimate gut-feeling :
4 coders, 3 artists, 1 designer, 1 producer = 9 people * ~9 months.
Could u further elaborate or confirm these answers?
Many thanx for any help.
It would be quite important for me.