View more

Image of the Day

The beast has a mighty searchlight of evil! #screenshotsaturday https://t.co/bzKepOojDL
IOTD | Top Screenshots

The latest, straight to your Inbox.

Subscribe to GameDev.net Direct to receive the latest updates and exclusive content.

Game audio mastering

4: Adsense

Old topic!

Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Olliepm   Members   

0Likes

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

I have just finished Dead Space 3, and as I was watching the credits I noticed there were quite a lot of people involved with the audio.  I even noticed something about mastering.  It got me wondering how many people it takes to get the works of composers and sound designers to full release quality?  Are external parties from the game developer involved in the mastering process? 

#2 GeneralQuery   Members   

0Likes

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

The most accurate answer alas is "It depends". Is the soundtrack purely electronic? Acoustic? Does it require session musicians? What is the budget? And so on.

#3 nsmadsen   Moderators   

0Likes

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

General is exactly right. In the case of Dead Space 3, much of the parts were recorded live with an actual orchestra. So in that case, there's always a mastering done.

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios

Cedar Falls, IA

Old topic!

Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.