Publishing to amazon an ebook question?

Started by
1 comment, last by Stormynature 11 years ago
So I want to publish a book for the kindle,and I don't quite understand the payment options.All I want is that the money get sent to my credit card,but I can't select anything else than Check or EFT,EFT asks for bank account,should I use the Check option?
Advertisement

I'm not entirely sure why you would ask that sort of question. Seems like basic financial literacy.

Credit cards don't work that way.

Credit cards are designed to be one-way devices; they transfer funds from a line of credit to a merchant's account using an intermediary.

It looks like you have two options for their payments:

1) They can send you a paper check; you deposit that check somewhere and it causes an EFT.

2) They can deposit it directly with an EFT.

A paper check has extra risks. The paper can be lost, stolen, or damaged. Paper checks can be forged or tampered with. A paper check has extra costs, it needs to be handled, mailed, then handled again, costing both time and money.

Is there some reason you can't do a traditional EFT? I know that some places of the world distrust banks or have high bank fees, does that apply in your case?

Only reason I can think of his wanting to use a credit card is that it is in actuallity a hybrid card i.e. Savings/credit facility (which counts as a bank account) otherwise as per Frob comments regarding credit cards.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement