What is a Main Programmer and what do they do?

Started by
1 comment, last by Nicholas Kong 10 years, 11 months ago

When I beat a game, there is a credit that displays the title "Main Programmer". I remember this role is associated with a maximum of one or two people.

What is a Main Programmer and what do they do?

I could not find any results using Google.

Advertisement

They are the programmer(s) who take the heaviest load of programming tasks and may have other duties such as organizing/directing the other programmers.

They are typically the most experienced of the group and their code is likely to be related closely to the main gameplay aspects of the game, although there is no rule dictating this and may vary widely between projects.

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

They are the programmer(s) who take the heaviest load of programming tasks and may have other duties such as organizing/directing the other programmers.

They are typically the most experienced of the group and their code is likely to be related closed to the main gameplay aspects of the game, although there is no rule dictating this and may vary widely between projects.

L. Spiro

Thanks so much for the interesting and detailed information, L. Spiro! smile.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement