Elium - Prison Escape - Intro

Started by
3 comments, last by Chosker 10 years, 11 months ago

Hey guys,

[yes this is a repost. I accidentally posted this on the Game Design subforum more than a week ago, and no mod has seen my plea for it to be moved here]

it's been 2.5+ years since I started using UDK, learning it, prototyping, producing, going big and back to small again. It's been all my work in my spare time, including programming, 3d modelling, texturing, animation, level creation, UI and menu work, sound recording and editing, music creation, maintaining my blog, etc.
Finally I've finished the intro for my game, Elium - Prison Escape.

This video has been captured from an in-game level, because this is also the same cutscene that will be in the game when it starts.
Of course all this time hasn't been spent only in this intro, but also in the game itself, which is in beta stage.

Anyway, without further mumbling here it is:

[media='980x551']

[/media]

so what's next? well I need to work on some armor for the guards and make some level props to work on more rooms of the prison, and with that I'll take some screenshots and I'll try to get it up on Steam Greenlight. after that, time and the response it gets will determine how much this might become an opportunity to go for full-blown development or if I keep at it as a hobby, but I'm focused to finish it either way.

I hope you like it smile.png

also I'd love to post this on the IOTD but anywhere I look it says I don't have permission. is anything wrong with the IOTD system?

Chosker - Developer of Elium - Prison Escape

Advertisement

Waiting to see more pics/videos.I'm impressed by the fact that you did all the work,you should try and find other people to join you.

I'm moving this to Your Announcements.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Waiting to see more pics/videos.I'm impressed by the fact that you did all the work,you should try and find other people to join you.

here's me hoping I can find the time to finish the guard's armor this week.

in the past I've tried to find other people to help me but I couldn't get anyone commited enough to stick around, and believe me I've tried for years (in this very forums and any others I've known) - I've been at it since ~2003 with various people and using different engines. after some major setbacks and months of leaving it on hold, in 2010 I started it all over using UDK and this time around I decided to split my time in art and programming until I found a programmer, but my efforts to find one were never successful.

so after a while I decided I'd code it on my own. and here I am now, further away from the starting point than I am from the finish line :)

here's an update.

here I show the prison guard, whose armor is finally done. this includes a viewport screengrab and an in-game screenshot with the guard in action

prisonguard-150x150.jpgprisonguardig-150x150.jpg

all of these armor parts are modular and are actually different items in-game that can be equipped and unequipped (if you manage to kill a guard and loot him!)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement