Do employers care about what you minored in college?

Started by
0 comments, last by Tom Sloper 10 years, 11 months ago

I would like to supplement my art major with something that can give me an edge in this economy and job market. My 3 primary subjects I am thinking of is Multimedia computing( Has a lot of coding into it), Business, and Marketing. I had a separate topic before and was answered by Tom Sloper (Thanks Tom!)

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/642285-what-secondary-major-should-i-pick-to-complement-my-art-major/

I am also thinking of minoring in one of those subjects since it has fewer classes than majoring in it. I am wondering if employers would care about what you minored in. Double majoring is obviously better and looks good but after talking to counselors and looking at the couse requirements, I am starting to think I may be biting off more than I could chew off.

Just wondering what do you think about college minors and if employers look at the college minors as well as your major. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

1. I am wondering if employers would care about what you minored in.
2. Just wondering ... if employers look at the college minors as well as your major.

1. Yes and no. If it's something pertinent to the job they're trying to fill, then they care. If it isn't, then they don't.

2. They definitely do.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement