Music from a game I'm working on - Ravenmark: Mercenaries

Started by
13 comments, last by xiaoan 10 years, 10 months ago

Hey guys, here's some music that I worked on earlier this year!

https://soundcloud.com/lixiaoan/ravenmark-overworld

There are a few other tracks from the game on my profile (They all start with "Ravenmark")

Enjoy! (and comment too)

Here's the dev blog: http://www.witching-hour.net/

Li Xiao'an

Composer | Music Director

www.xiaoanli.com (Personal)

www.eastcoastscoring.com

Twitter: @lxiaoan

Advertisement

that's really nice. The snare drum and the metal bar strikes stand out. I like the volume swells and brass in the first. Kindof cool in the later part how it transitions and the high flute part comes in. Thought it sounded very good.

Thanks! More music at www.soundcloud.com/lixiaoan with "Ravenmark" in the title.

Li Xiao'an

www.eastcoastscoring.com

I like the structure, especially the big crescendo at the beginning. It really adds dramatic flair, and *immediately* caught my attention. About the only critique I have is that, although your melodies are really great and catchy, they seem to wander a bit as a full structure. It would be nice to hear more of what you'd call the "main" theme, just to solidify the piece as a whole.

That's a really minor critique, however, and overall I love the piece.

Hey Curtis! Perhaps it might be the constant change in instrumentation, but the melodies are repeated more or less exactly twice in an "A (intro/interlude),B,C" form. Maybe if I just repeated it again it might help. Thanks!

Li Xiao'an

www.eastcoastscoring.com

Hi! Fantastic music, you really hit the adventure gamer in me. Can I ask which DAW set up you have? I am currently set with SonarX1 Producer and a couple of guitars, but I'm thinking of maybe purchasing a Reaper license.

Rune Hansen

Developer

10ahead Games

www.10aheadgames.com

I'm using logic currently but thinking of switching to cubase since the lack of updates makes me nervous.

Li Xiao'an

www.eastcoastscoring.com

Very nice! Are you using Vienna instruments?

Nope! I wish I had VSL haha

Li Xiao'an

www.eastcoastscoring.com

If you're in to writing long melodies, study Chopin, he had an incredible way of writing melodies that were long yet never seemed waffly.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement