Intel HD 4000 memory and Opengl

Started by
0 comments, last by Ravyne 10 years, 10 months ago
Hi,
I am trying to "port" my game engine/videogame on an Intel HD 4000, almost everything is working but it crash when I load the third level map. I am using gDEBugger and it says that the game never exceeds 200 mb but when it crash I get the "Out of memory" message in gDEBugger.
Is there a way to query the video memory with opengl and Intel HD 4000? I can get the used video memory with a Nvidia and ATI card but I can't find a way to do it with an Intel (and I don't know if the gDebugger memory measure is correct).
Is there another reason to get "Out of memory" if my program is not exceeding the video memory limit?
Thanks
Advertisement

I don't have a direct answer, but you can allocate additional memory to the iGPU, which will a) give you more flexibility to run your game during this port effort, and b) tell you whether video memory is really the problem (and roughly how much memory is actually required, if gDEBugger's measurement is wrong).

You typically allocate memory to the iGPU through a BIOS (or EFI) setting, and the default setting, in my limited experience, is typically 192 or 256 GB. I forget the upper bound limit, but I want to say its as high as 2GB.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement