I'm currently developing vision raycasting for FPS game, I have few questions:
1. How many ray is accurate to detect vision from a tank?
2. How many ray for each character?
3. Should I calculate the distance against EVERY model and create rays at each model if it's close enough?
4. If the model is a character the ray will start from his eyes, however, if it's a tank, from where the ray should start?
5. How do I determine the exact ray target? (rayTo = target.position) --> I don't think this is good enough
I want to create something efficient and at the same time with high performance.