Game Designchoice

Started by
5 comments, last by Aleksa 10 years, 9 months ago

Hello there: I'm Roger Debian from Santiago of Chile. I'm a Digital Animation and Video game Design on Universidad del pacifico. I love what I do, since I was a kid all my world was and is a Video game. Now I want to know from you guys what's the future of video game, what topic? I want to know what's the best motor engine to make my Video games comes true: Udk, Unity, blender? or even more amateur like Game Maker 7.0. I can study and reach any kind of information to do this, cuz I don't knew how make a video game, but with Construct 2 I can did it!... I'm thinking like Unity, but is the future to stay only in that kind of program?

Well that's all! thanks! :D

Advertisement

This question is not about Game Design, so I'm moving it out of the Game Design forum.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Are you a programmer? I'm struggling with that issue myself.

I'm a C# developer and have used C# since it first came out of beta so XNA was my first choice, but developing a game engine from scratch may be a bit more than I want to get involved in, so I am looking at Unity as well so I can focus on game design and less on having to code an entire engine from the ground up.

I think that, like development environments today, that engines like Unity will become more commonplace as they make our design work a lot easier and faster to use.

For more on my wargaming title check out my dev blog at http://baelsoubliette.wordpress.com/

This question is not about Game Design, so I'm moving it out of the Game Design forum.

so where you are moving it? :D

Are you a programmer? I'm struggling with that issue myself.

I'm a C# developer and have used C# since it first came out of beta so XNA was my first choice, but developing a game engine from scratch may be a bit more than I want to get involved in, so I am looking at Unity as well so I can focus on game design and less on having to code an entire engine from the ground up.

I think that, like development environments today, that engines like Unity will become more commonplace as they make our design work a lot easier and faster to use.

Thanks for answer, I think UNITY is the solution...

Definitely give it a whirl. I've been having fun with it.

For more on my wargaming title check out my dev blog at http://baelsoubliette.wordpress.com/

Hello there: I'm Roger Debian from Santiago of Chile. I'm a Digital Animation and Video game Design on Universidad del pacifico. I love what I do, since I was a kid all my world was and is a Video game. Now I want to know from you guys what's the future of video game, what topic? I want to know what's the best motor engine to make my Video games comes true: Udk, Unity, blender? or even more amateur like Game Maker 7.0. I can study and reach any kind of information to do this, cuz I don't knew how make a video game, but with Construct 2 I can did it!... I'm thinking like Unity, but is the future to stay only in that kind of program?

Well that's all! thanks! biggrin.png

Hey Roger, I am from Chile, too. Regarding your question, my advice for you is: Just make the game, don't worry so much about the tools. If you already know C#, that's a fine language, and for the engine, if you don't know any, just pick something: if you stick to this career path (which is rather hard in this country), you'll probably switch engines and technologies a few times, so it doesn't really matter what you start with. I'd start with Unity if your planned game is 3D or rather complex, or SFML.Net if you have something 2D and simpler in mind.

Go with Unity, it is ideal for you. The 'master' language in Unity is C#. You can also use Boo, JavaScript and UnityScript. Also there are very good extensions for it. If you want to make a FPS game then use software from fpscontrol.com. The best part about Unity that it is completely free!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement