Music While Developing

Started by
29 comments, last by Tatsunami 10 years, 7 months ago

Hi everyone first time poster here so thought I'd keep it simple (please be kind!).

So I know this is similar to the existing music thread but whilst reading 100% Indie I saw that they're asking developers what music people listen to whilst developing and it got me thinking. Now I know a lot of people prefer sitting in silence but I know a lot of people on here also like listening to a lot of different music. As for me I do listen to a lot of music whilst working mainly both video game soundtracks like the Halo Mjolnir Mix and Harry Gregson-Williams's MGS music (ok maybe a bit obvious smile.png), but also for my sins an awful lot of J-Pop (on now haha).

Any thoughts?

Thanks smile.png

Advertisement

I tend to listen to Comedy Podcasts rather than music whilst coding. If I do listen to music it would probablt be The Stones, Bowie, Placebo or Daft Punk.

Music is too distracting - I have to have almost absolute silence when coding.

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Listening to Hans Zimmer usually gets some good work out of me. Or listening to lindsey Stirling

Japanese Nightcore. I don't understand japanese, so it doesn't distract me. It helps me to shut myself off from my environment.

Yes I am weird.

I listen a lot music whole day but just not when

coding (I listen it after coding to get more close

to life and relax after coding)

When I code i love to watch the TV and got it

on; though i do not remember much of it, I need it

not to be bored with just coding whole part of

the day

(sometimes some good movie passes aside

my weak coding body, - Yesterday I seen quite good

documentary movie "Lucas vs people" - worth to see it,

(it is about the fandom critique about changes in SW

Lucas made, surprising, deep and spirit raizing movie ) )

A lot if it is psychedelic trance. I downloaded so much garbage that a lot of the time I'm pausing to delete music.

If I need to concentrate, silence is best. However, silence is not even close to possible for me at work so then I cycle through opeth, lamb of god, isis. If concentration is not critical, but I want to block the office chatter, I indulge in alabama thunder pussy, baroness, dethklok, mastodon, and kylesa.

-Josh

--www.physicaluncertainty.com
--linkedin
--irc.freenode.net#gdnet

A lot if it is psychedelic trance. I downloaded so much garbage that a lot of the time I'm pausing to delete music.

could you say some names, I would like to check this kind of music (the more psychodelic the best)

Some good ones

Astral Projection - Ambient Galaxy (Disco Valley mix)
Talamasca - Time Simulation
Infected mushroom - Desert Storm
Man with no name - Essence (Dayglo mix)
Space cat - Daybreaks
Man with no name - Lunar Cycle
Man with no name - Vavoom!
Vibe Tribe - LFObia
Vibe Tribe - Albert Balbert

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement