Producing Game Trailers

Started by
1 comment, last by BlackMoons 10 years, 7 months ago

Hey Guys,

Very new to this forum, so my apologies if this is posted under the wrong header.

Basically, I run a small media company, and both my partner and I would like to offer an service where we craft trailers, or kickstarter media, for indie developers.

If this is a service developers would be interested in, what's the best way to promote this service?

I'm not sure if maybe there's specific sites or forums developers use frequently, or if it's more a matter of casting a large net on various forums.

Any information would be appreciated.

Advertisement

what's the best way to promote this service?

So you're mainly asking a marketing question. Here on gamedev, the best way to let people know about your service is to post an announcement in Your Announcements. You could also put a notice in the Classifieds.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I would have to say the best way might be go out and contact indie game developers themselves via private message or e-mail.

But don't just spam them. Learn a little about there game and mention that in the post. Maybe even come up with a logo image for them, using art/screenshot from there game. Something personalized that shows your talent. Might take you an hour per person you contact, but there are a very limited number of indie games and you don't want to burn through them all in an hour.

Lead Coder/Game Designer for Brutal Nature: http://BrutalNature.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement