GLU like Tessellation

Started by
-1 comments, last by dgp 10 years, 6 months ago
I have used GLU tesselator after going through techniques discussed in detail at http://vterrain.org/Implementation/Libs/triangulate.html .Val's code: glu_tesselation.c in this link is really useful for me for OpenGL older versions.I have followed below procedure for pre-computing fans/strips for efficient processing.
  1. Sent complex concave polygons to GLU
  2. GLU returned me GL_STRIPS and GL_FANS with indices to input polygon vertices.So for a given polygon,I would get multiple fans/strips defining shape of the polygon.
  3. The indices of vertices are stored in a file to parse and use during runtime.
Appreciate if you could answer below.
  • Could we accomplish the same with OpenGL Tessellator ,in latest Opengl versions?
  • OpenGL tesselator retruns Triangles only . Is there a way to get fans/strips after tessellation and store them in a file for offline parsing ?
Please share your thoughts on this.The whole issue I face is ,my processing requires certification,which is easy to get with core OpenGL.It gets hard to get process certification with extension like GLU etc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement