Improve your algorithm skills with our game

Started by
7 comments, last by FishingCactus 10 years, 1 month ago

Hi guys!

I'd like to talk to you about a niche game, named Algo-Bot, that we are developing. I said niche game because it's a game that helps programmers to improve the way they code by making them think more efficiently but it also teaches to noobies programming logic with concepts such as functions, variables, conditions, loops and so...

2f398e2c54197314b6f9e146dfac2c80_large.p

The game is now on Alpha and we'd like to finish it and implement new features such as a level editor and the ability to code logic blocks inside the game. The reason why I decided to talk to you about it is because we recently launched it on Kickstarter and we have no visibility for the project (even if Mark DeLoura backed our game. I really don't know how he found it!).

Anyway, here's the link to the project. Feel free to give me your feedback, share it and backed it if you like it.

Thanks for reading!

Sophie

Communication is not a job. It's a passion! Working on Epistory :)

Advertisement

Excellent edutainment idea.

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600, 2.4 GHz. 3GB RAM. ATI Radeon HD 3400.

Looks like an interesting project that you've obviously put a lot of work into!

We don't normally like to bother our followers with crowd-funding campaigns, but this seemed like it might be relevant enough to be of interest, so we shared it on our Facebook page for you -- hope it helps! smile.png

//EDIT: If you'd like some more exposure through our site, you could consider submitting some developer journal entries, or for some front page exposure maybe writing an article or two based on your development experience, technical challenges you've faced, or even your experience with the crowd-funding attempt; articles must provide some useful content (i.e. not just advertising) but can contain links to a project or crowd-funding page as long as they provide some value, and good quality articles tend to generate a fair amount of exposure via our front page and social media accounts. :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

@gasto

Thanks!

@jbadams

Thanks so much for sharing our project! It means a lot for us!
We may have an article but I don't know if it will suit. The topic is how making a learning game teaches us how to communicate within our team.

Thanks again!

That actually sounds like a very interesting topic, we'd love to publish that if you're interested in writing and submitting it! :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

Project is looking nice!

http://www.game-silkroad.com
info_game@silkroadcg.com

@jbadams

Done! Waiting for approval :) Thank you again!

@silkroadgame

thanks! The game is now on Greenlight. I doubt, we'll get Kickstarted BUT our fail will be a good lesson :)

Neat idea. I love serious games.

Good luck with this!

@Orymus3:

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement