Getting rid of the pesky error C2027: Use of undefined type.

Started by
1 comment, last by Enerjak 9 years, 12 months ago

Ok, maybe it's just me, (very likely, actually) But I Can never seem to get include files right and class declarations, and such.....Seriously, it's like I'm doing something wrong in visual studio, or maybe linking classes wrong, maybe not closing the header files right, I don't know. I'm going to upload my project on here to try to get some help on it, maybe some tips on how to make sure this NEVER happens again, because this has been the bane of my existence for as long as I've been a programmer. I cannot get past it. please, help me in making sure this never happens again....

Notes about the project: uses Direct3D11 + windows, no external libs used.

Note 1.1: let me know if you need something else to get this to work but you shouldn't have a problem. Really hope to get some advice on this as it has driven me insane in the past.

Advertisement

You are attempting to call methods on pointers to types of which only the forward declaration is available at the time of the call.

You cannot call methods on pointers to incomplete types.

As an additional note, all you had to do was post the errors and your header files.

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

Thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement