Naval Simulation Prototype

Started by
8 comments, last by gooncorp 9 years, 5 months ago

This project is only a few days old. Feedback would be appreciated :)

Espen

Advertisement

This project is only a few days old.

How many days? How much is custom work?

It seems you've got a lot done already... Unity 3D?

It may just be that I'm a little dozy today (which I am), but I'm honestly not sure of what to make of it: the video mentions this being a template intended for producing prototypes, while the video and thread titles describe it as a prototype itself. Do you want comment on the template or the naval scene?

One thing that I will say is that the gun has a slightly distracting jerkiness and speed to its bobbing when the player moves.

Unity 3D?

The video does indicate that it's made in Unity, I believe.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

lol. thanks for the input I appreciate it. your definetly right on the gun. all this work is original. i made those models in blender and animated them and i coded it. i am just about to reduce the right arm movement because like you said its too much. i will be slowly updating these characters and making the game look higher quality.

just to be clear this is a prototype manufacturing kit. im designing it so i can radiply deploy games. this game/prototype is showcasing how i'm able to do this.

ive spent a lot of time on coding the framework. the framework has taken me 3 years in the unity engine to realize. i originally wrote the code in javascript then i recently converted the whole project to c#. i wrote my own networking package. etc.

Thanks Thaumaturge and Orymus3 for the comments. I appreciate it :)

Espen

here is another video update of the navy marines project. i added textures :) also added vehicles with physics.

another update:

driving around a willys jeep i made in blender :)

Love to see projects coming together from the ground up (or thereabouts, as you already have years of work behind the scenes). I can see a strong first person interactive element, but for things like the ships how are you planning to handle automation or management? One problem I can strongly see with the perspective is that unless it's just all in fun (arcade) there's going to be an expectation for something like a cruiser or battleship that the other guns come into play simultaneously, which would imply a lot of AI work.

Or wait... is it multiplayer only? If so, then nevermind! :D

--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...

well you touch on a lot of good points and thank you for the support and compliments. i'm trying to abstract my ai into a system that is highly modular. for example i could have an ai that can think but i could have that same ai script controlling a turret for example. im trying to find ways to really really abstract things to the point that it could be a gun, turret, character, or vehicle all controlled by the same thing because the basic elements of behaviour are the same. this sounds easy on the surface but it takes up a lot of my thought processes throughout the day.

thanks again i really appreciate the feedback.

here is another update:

another update:

some weapons stuff you guys:

happy halloween

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement