Launching an app game.

Started by
5 comments, last by kseh 8 years, 3 months ago

hey guys,

i am about to launch my first gamer with my friend on the google app store.

i was just wondering if anyone has some good advice of how to advertise the game and what works??

i understand that advertising is almost as important as having a good game so please if anyone wants to give their piece of mind

please do

thanks a million

Advertisement
Moving this to the Business forum.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

hahaha its my first time here lol u have something to share ? smile.png

which forum should i go on than ? isnt this the business one ?

It is in the business forum now because Tom moved it here.

Marketing needs to be part of your bigger business plan.

Unfortunately for you, the mobile marketplaces are constantly flooded with new apps, averaging over 1000 every day. There is a barrage of marketing from many sources. The funding required to guarantee more than a slight blip on the metrics usually costs six or seven digits. A marketing budget in the tens of thousands of dollars is enough to make a slight blip, anything less is unlikely to be noticed.

i am in it for programming and widening my knowledge of app development.

also for the money yeh.... but at the moment i am focusing on building my app and building a good advertising base.

i will be happy to make $50 out of my app truthfully.

so i don't have high expectations.

again focusing on advertising and marketing if you have any tips that don't involve large amounts of money i will be happy to hear.

thanks for the heads up :P

I don't have any marketing experience. Never really put any games out there before either. But I offer these thoughts:

• Approach marketing as another element of polishing your game.
  • Take a look at what the other people or companies who are your competitors are doing. You probably should at least be doing that.
  • If something else seems like it's obvious that you should be doing, then you probably should be doing it.
  • Look at things that you see day to day that you don't usually think about and consider how it is that someone is subtly trying to sell you something. Things like, for example, Frob's or Tom's signature.
  • Don't expect people to do much for you for free. Marketing is a service after all where people are trying to make money themselves or otherwise have to invest time.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement