BMFont 1.13 height scale behavior

Started by
2 comments, last by a.baskanov 7 years, 5 months ago

Hello!

I've noticed that the behavior of the "Height %" parameter has changed when going from BMFont 1.13 to 1.14beta. Also I found this line in the 1.14beta changelog:

• Fixed scaling issues and cropping when using height scale with render from outline.

Could you please explain what exactly was wrong with scaling?

Also the source code of BMFont 1.13 would be very helpful.

I'm asking because we have fonts generated using BMFont 1.13 and we are trying to match their sizes in our new text engine.

Best regards,

Anton Baskanov

Advertisement

Unfortunately I do not have the history of that exact change. It was done before I open-sourced the code for BMFont, and I didn't keep track of individual changes in a repository before that. If I recall correctly the problem was that the drawing area for rasterizing the individual glyph wasn't properly calculated resulting in cropping.

The latest code can be found on the SF.net. As you can see, this project hasn't had a lot of activity in the last few years. :)

I'll see if I can find a backup of the source code for version 1.13 somewhere and upload it to the site.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I've uploaded the source code for version 1.13 to the site.

http://www.angelcode.com/products/bmfont/BMFont_source_1.13.zip

Regards,

Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Anton Baskanov

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement