Last Object Only Renders

Started by
3 comments, last by DaSutt 7 years, 3 months ago

I have a problem in my engine, if I try to render multiple objects at once, only the last object to render shows up. What is the possible causes of this? As a side note I have not received any errors from the validation layer. I am stumped...

Advertisement

you overloaded the flux capacitor......

but really you are going to need to provide more information or code. preferably the code where you create, manage/store, and draw your objects.

Primary I'm with ncsu on this.

Some rough first thoughts:

- are you updating the world matrix of the objects correctly? (or accidentally using the same for all objects, thus only the last object is visible)

- a wrong index called in some buffer [static number] instead of [loop var]?

Crealysm game & engine development: http://www.crealysm.com

Looking for a passionate, disciplined and structured producer? PM me

Currently I use a Dynamic Uniform Buffer, and use Dynamic Offsets. So each object for sure has it's own MVP data, etc... I'm a 100% certain it's not my entity array.

Edit:

Actually, could it possibly be that I need to add a VK_DESCRIPTOR_TYPE_COMBINED_IMAGE_SAMPLER in VkWriteDescriptorSet for each object?

I would recommend that you debug your program with renderdoc. You will be able to inspect all draw commands, look at the mesh input and output, check if the buffer values are correct and look at what is rendered to the framebuffer.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement