What are you working on?

Started by
102 comments, last by Shehabuhj 6 years, 3 months ago

We haven't had one of these for a while, so let's see/hear what everyone is working on!

Screenshots or scans of concept art would be great to see, but don't go overboard unless people ask to see more! Don't forget to link us if you have a developer journal, blog or website to read more!

//EDIT:

Newbies and hobbyists, please don't be intimidated by some of the professional projects being shown, we'd all love to see what you're working on too!

- Jason Astle-Adams

Advertisement
Day job: Guild Wars 2
Side projects:
- FormulaEngine - a different way to script games
- Epoch language - an opinionated, pragmatic language that was born right here on GDNet!

Although honestly most of my spare time at the moment is going towards some GDC talks I'm participating in.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Finally have some free time outside of work, so I started writing a new game. I’m exploring some different ways to do entity component systems with this space–shooter game:

This top–down shooter game borrows from both Magic Carpet and Geometry Wars. The player starts out weak, but grows stronger by collecting the energy, which is then used to feed new and stronger weapons. Complete objectives in each level to unlock special weapons and defeat the bosses!

Now, all that’s left is to update my blog. :^)

Killing Floor 2.

Personal Project (blog in signature) 3rd person shooter.

gZcPpH6.jpg

NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims http://www.pawlowskipinball.com/pinballeternal

Day job at BiSim:

(no, I'm not the guy in the vid :P )

Personal project - Futistic racing game:

Phoenix FD 3.0 for Maya :

Personal project:
https://twitter.com/ongamex92/status/814251826660904960 A game engine and currently a level editor for the engine.

Curver - "intuitive 2D sculpting workflow". Curver aims to optimize the process of creating clean line-art by implementing an intuitive sculpting workflow. Featuring a small and focused set of tools, working with curves is no longer a chore.

http://code-section.com/curver/

Currently I'm working on expanding the tool set and increasing the robustness of the workflow. There is still A LOT of work to do on Curver. It's available as public beta and early access now. All feedback is welcome.

Uses C++, D3D9 (will switch to D3D11), and Sciter for GUI.

Day Job:

Unannounced project at Ubisoft Toronto

Personal Projects:

An audio engine for Unreal (just for the hell of it)

A 3D remake of an old PS1 game, Blast Chamber

A 2d adventure game inspired by zelda. It is still in the very early stages but I drew some trees!
wI3esEz.png
It may be simple but, as a programmer, I am very happy with how they turned out.
My current game project Platform RPG

Great thread, was thinking of starting one myself :). Love seeing these kind of threads on art forums. Amazing projects!

I'm a freelance programmer by day, hero by night. I work on a multiplayer game in my spare time. Lately I've implemented a message timeline where I can visually inspect all incoming and outgoing messages and their data, what time and step they were sent/received, the line number in code where it's handled etc.

[attachment=34671:message-timeline.gif]

I've also worked on recording and playback for debugging purposes. The gif file for that is rather large(3.3MB), tried uploading it to my gallery but apparently I'm not allowed to create an album :<.

Edit: apparently there's no automatic playing of gifs so I'll attach it here:

[attachment=34673:recording.gif]

Oh and I created a Visual Studio plugin for some increased horizontal space by removing the suggestions and outlining margins, available here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement