Fantasy theme for the tactical RPG (by Adam Skorupa)

Started by
0 comments, last by nsmadsen 7 years, 2 months ago

Please check out the main menu theme for the game Ash of Gods. Music created by Polish composer Adam Skorupa.

We wanted this music to plunge the player in the mood of light sorrow. How do you think, does it fit the intention?

Ash of Gods - a turn-based RPG featuring Roguelike storytelling aimed at risks that TRUELY affect the gameplay and an extensive online PvP mode! GameDev.net - forum thread
Advertisement

It sounds really cool! I love the mood and atmosphere created here. Personally, the vocals got a bit too much for me but that's most likely just personal taste. Because the musical ideas and chord progressions are excellent. The only part that I don't quite get is your phrase "mood of light sorrow." This feels more excited, epic and perhaps even more of a call to arms than sorrow. Maybe it's just a misuse of the word but that's not the vibe I'm getting at all. It feels more actiony - like the soundtrack to Gladiator.

Also around the 2:43 mark it sounds like the compressor is really getting slammed. It's either that or a synth like sound that has some distortion on it. Or perhaps a bit of both? Regardless, at that section the audio starts to feel much more squashed and over compressed. The rest of the mix and song is fantastic!

Thanks for sharing!

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement