View more

Image of the Day

Adding some finishing touches...
Follow us for more
#screenshotsaturday #indiedev... by #MakeGoodGames https://t.co/Otbwywbm3a
IOTD | Top Screenshots

The latest, straight to your Inbox.

Subscribe to GameDev.net Direct to receive the latest updates and exclusive content.

May I see some of your guy's demo reels? Please :D

4: Adsense

Old topic!

Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 jkuehlin   Members   

0Likes

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:36 PM

Hello. I would love to get an EPK (or demo reel) put together soon, but don't have enough content at the moment to make a meaningful one. Would anyone be willing to share the portfolio you submit when applying for a freelance sound design project? I'm curious to see how you guys are setting up your demo reels.

...the things I was curious about what is included, how long they are, the diversity of content, if you have an introductory portion etc.

-Jonathan

#2 nsmadsen   Moderators   

1Likes

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:53 PM

My demo reel is up here: 

https://soundcloud.com/nathan-madsen/sets/sampler-set-2

I split each montage up by mood/genre/style in hopes to give potential clients an easier time finding what audio direction they feel is needed. 

Each montage is 2-3 minutes long. I try not to go much longer because this is only the introduction to me and my work. Leave them wanting more, instead of posting your 45 minute long opus. :P Only post styles/genres that you feel compliment you and your work well. 

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios

Cedar Falls, IA

Old topic!

Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.