View more

Image of the Day

Adding some finishing touches...
Follow us for more
#screenshotsaturday #indiedev... by #MakeGoodGames https://t.co/Otbwywbm3a
IOTD | Top Screenshots

The latest, straight to your Inbox.

Subscribe to GameDev.net Direct to receive the latest updates and exclusive content.

A new video game sound

4: Adsense
  • You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 bradstrongproject   Members   

0Likes

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:35 PM

First time putting myself out there. I was told to leave this here..

Listen to Marshmallows by bsp #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/bsp/marshmallows

#2 SgtAndrew9989   Members   

0Likes

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:09 PM

very good.

keep up the great work bro

#3 nsmadsen   Moderators   

0Likes

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:20 AM

Fun track! A few ideas - 

Starting off with a really loud crash can be somewhat jarring. It can also make the looping point quite a bit more noticeable. (Full disclosure, my speakers were up rather loud when I started your song and it about made me jump outta my chair! :P) Not saying that it should be avoided but perhaps mixing the cymbal crash down a bit more could help. (I'm speaking in a hypothetically, if you wanted to use this track as in-game looping music.)

I really enjoyed how you used the chiptune elements and mixed them with the electronica. Nicely done! Lots of really cool ideas. One note- a 5 minute long music theme is rather long. I realize this is most likely a demo piece but if this was for an actual game, you'd need to balance the amount of space the audio would take up. For example, if every track was 5 minutes long, lots of data footprint would be used up for just audio - even when compressed down to a lossy format. Just something to consider. 

Thanks, 

Nate

Edited by nsmadsen, 19 May 2017 - 08:15 PM.

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios

Cedar Falls, IA