View more

Image of the Day

Adding some finishing touches...
Follow us for more
#screenshotsaturday #indiedev... by #MakeGoodGames https://t.co/Otbwywbm3a
IOTD | Top Screenshots

The latest, straight to your Inbox.

Subscribe to GameDev.net Direct to receive the latest updates and exclusive content.

DEVELOPERS OF ALL DISCIPLINES

4: Adsense
  • You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

#1 MyForteIsTimeTravel   Members   

0Likes

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:47 PM

Howdy all, 

I'm an experienced game programmer looking for some people to work with on a game project/projects. I've worked on games for a variety of platforms from iOS to Web to Desktop (custom and 'out of the box' engines), however I want to leave platform/theme/genre open for discussion with anyone who wants to get involved.

Ideally I'm looking for:

• artists
  • game designers
  • level designers
  • programmers
  • writers
  • anyone passionate with skills to offer

You can reach me on here or on twitter (link below), I look forward to hearing from you guys!

https://twitter.com/RyanNeedham96

#2 Cryspr   Members   

0Likes

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:00 AM

I'm a writer. This sounds fun. I can send you some of my work if you like.

#3 MyForteIsTimeTravel   Members   

0Likes

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:20 AM

Sounds good to me, how do you wanna send it?

#4 csbailey1984   Members   

-1Likes

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:03 PM

Pm sent.

#5 AlekseyRybchak   Members   

-1Likes

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:49 PM

Howdy! I'm a wtiter!

#6 AlekseyRybchak   Members   

1Likes

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:58 PM

A short piece of my wrting:

'What I've ever heard from all the men in luxurious costumes smelled of arrogance. It smelled worse than dark poisonous clouds behind my tiny dirty window. The wealthiest of my creators disguise me and all my kind. They come to our platform on humongous steam powered ships from the other side of the Channel and order around just as if they have the right to claim more though giving little in return.

I'm a freak in their eyes. A grotesque mix of flash, mechanisms, artificial liquids and one stone that is my heart. Clunky yet strong, resilient to all the toxicity they fear so much yet dependent on spare parts they bring – I must be the epitome of what a silent working class member should look like. Why giving me a normal brain then? So that I could slowly lose my mind locked within this labor prison; destined to drill oil till I fall apart?

Our time is never yet to come unless we force it...'

From a diary of a deviant*

Deviant is a steam-punk blue color cyborg created by scientists and alchemists. A deviant is assembled from some human parts of dead criminals, mechanisms and an arcane stone that serves a source of energy. Deviants are used for dirtiest tasks and normally work on oil platforms, mines and chemical labsThey have nearly no civil rights and are treated like talking tools. Some scientists though believe their intelligent is at least not inferior to man's.

#7 loxagossnake   Members   

0Likes

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:48 AM

Hi there! Glad to see someone who's not an idea guy.

To be honest, I'd really like to help because I want to gain experience and I want to see a game I contributed in reach the finish line. I'm not extremely experienced, but I'm working on my own game using Unity 3D. All my skills are limited to intermediate, but I learn quick.

My skills include mostly programming (in C# and C++), inanimate object modelling, some basic level design, writing and I'm currently experimenting with music creation (I play the guitar in real life). If you'd like, I can send you the first chapter of the story I'm currently working on so you can see some of my work. Programming wise, I've worked with basic movement, cameras, a basic inventory system and game management.

I'd really like this chance to help someone as a volunteer. Let me know if you are interested! Cheers!

#8 Lambdafish   Members   

0Likes

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:55 AM

I'd love to be involved, I sent you a PM