View more

Image of the Day

Adding some finishing touches...
Follow us for more
#screenshotsaturday #indiedev... by #MakeGoodGames https://t.co/Otbwywbm3a
IOTD | Top Screenshots

The latest, straight to your Inbox.

Subscribe to GameDev.net Direct to receive the latest updates and exclusive content.

All my posts deleted?

4: Adsense
  • You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

#1 samoth   Members   

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:53 AM

What the title says :P

I noticed that my post in "Implementing an internally linked list via inheritance" was suddenly gone. Looking at my profile, zero topics and zero posts are shown. Reputation is still there, it seems, but clicking on any of the items pops up a "couldn't find topic" error.

I still see all other posts from other people, so it doesn't appear like the SQL database failed or something... it's just my posts that are gone, it seems. Someone deleted me?

Edited by samoth, 08 May 2017 - 09:54 AM.

#2 Josh Petrie   Moderators   

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:54 AM

I do see several of your posts in the deleted content view, but it does not tell me why or who was responsible for doing so. I've left a ping for other moderators.

#3 Khawk   Senior Staff   

Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:11 AM

What the title says

My fault!

I accidentally marked you as a spammer when reviewing your spammer report, and when you get marked as a spammer all your posts are marked as hidden. I'm fixing it. Sorry about that.

#4 TheChubu   Members   

Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:39 PM

That was Khawk's first attempt at shadowbanning :P

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

#5 frob   Moderators   

Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:43 PM

I imagine it along these lines:

XE2VP.gif

Check out my book, Game Development with Unity, aimed at beginners who want to build fun games fast.

Also check out my personal website at bryanwagstaff.com, where I occasionally write about assorted stuff.

#6 Khawk   Senior Staff   

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:06 PM

It was something like that.

"Ohh, shiny mark as spammer button. <click> Oops. Wrong member."

#7 LennyLen   GDNet+   

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:50 AM

So people who are marked as spammers are still allowed to create new topics?

#8 Josh Petrie   Moderators   

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:02 AM

No. People who are marked as spammers are banned, and all their content (except journal comments, iirc) is deleted.

People are are unmarked as spammers are unbanned, but their previously deleted content is not automatically restored. That requires us to take an extra step.

Edited by Josh Petrie, 09 May 2017 - 11:02 AM.

#9 samoth   Members   

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:36 AM

Been gone in no-internet land and came back being ill for over a week, so apologies for the late reply. Thank you for fixing! :)