taking too long to load

Started by
4 comments, last by Komatsu 6 years, 10 months ago

I understand why you would want visitors to not use an ad blocking program but when I dont it is taking 50+ seconds to load more than the first reply of a comment but when I use a adblocker all replies load instantly. So do something about your ads is causing massive page delays otherwise I dont care how much you nag me im not waiting 5+ minutes just to read 3 threads because of massive ad delays.

Advertisement

It isn't the ads. We are experiencing server troubles.

Admin for GameDev.net.

It appears to be effecting chrome. when I use safari browser it doesn't happen. I tried clearing cache as well as removing all chrome extensions and it continues to lag really badly and only shows the first reply for over a minute. Im not entirely sure why chrome is effected and safari is not.

never mind safari is the same way. didnt realize the ad blocker was on so it loaded instantly. soon as I turn ad blocker off on safari I have to wait several minutes just to read past the first response of a thread just like chrome.

What country are you in? Curious if it's certain ads/networks affecting load more than others. Ads load asynchronously too, so they shouldn't be affecting page loads.

Admin for GameDev.net.

I am in the United States / East Coast. I did some more experimenting and tried turning off my anonymous VPN service. The page load problem stopped happening. The VPN service is Private Internet Access. It has several dozen servers mine is usually set to NY. Since its a paid service I don't have a problem with speed. The only web site it seems to affect is this one and I'm unsure why. Its like its having trouble routing the ads through the vpn and encrypting it.

anyway at least I know now how to stop it from happening and have the ad blocker off at the same time.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement