A couple of noobs wants to find enthusiastic friends (even if you are a bood too)

Started by
3 comments, last by Capella 6 years, 10 months ago

Hello everyone! I came to this site not because I am a big fan of game development or want to create my own indie game, no, not at all. I am actually just an ordinary woman with very predictable and expectable interests (perfumes, cosmetics, sentimental novels, etc.), however, I do want to find people here for the certain purpose.

My husband works hard, he seldom can afford to spend time on forums or social media, but he kindly asked me to express his wishes and ideas on sites for independent developers. I have more free time, so I am like his personal secretary in terms of looking for people. My husband would like to gather a team of enthusiasts which would be ready to discuss/share opinions regarding making a 2D-game.

As I've mentioned, I am a person who is NOT related to the depths of the game world. I do not know much about what rogue-like means and how to draw 2D-sprites. My husband is very passionate about his imaginary project, the only problem is that we don't have friends for exchanging experience, gaining new knowledge and talking about all these inspiring topics. I am a musician by education, and I could write music (soundtracks) for our future game, and nonetheless, I am not good at design, graphics or programming.

We are not going to “exploit” other people's ideas, we have our own ideas concerning the plot and the concept of the game. We don't want you to think that we are looking for “slaves” or something. I just simply want to HELP to my husband to fulfill his dream, since he is not very social person and to be honest, we both are introverts. I suffer because I see that he feels lonely without being able to surround himself by people with similar views and hobbies, and I sincerely want to help him find new friends from this sphere.

My husband likes such games as Torchlight II, Diablo, Path of Exile, Grim dawn. I belong to the other kind of people and I am not a gamer by nature, however, I play Path of Exile with him. Okay, I have written enough already...If you got my point and if you might be interested in hanging out with us, please, let me know and send me a message, I'll tell you our Skype ids. By the way, I am Russian and my husband is Japanese, so treat us nicely if you decide to contact us. Don't discuss religion or something like that. I am here for developers, not for holy wars.

Thanks for reading!

Advertisement

Sorry, I made a silly typo in the title of my thread and I don't know how to edit it. I meant to say "even if you are a NOOB too". :D

Hello, I sent you a PM, but not sure if it went through because of the Adblock defender on this site. Did you get it?

If anything I would be happy to help you on the programming side of things. It sounds like a happy little project and I don't mind getting some experience.

If anything I would be happy to help you on the programming side of things. It sounds like a happy little project and I don't mind getting some experience.

Please, send me a private message if you are interested.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement