Contest finality

Started by
33 comments, last by SKSlayer 22 years, 4 months ago
You guys did it very bad cheating is very very annoying. But at least, we won''t let cheaters win. As nehe is, I''m really mad too. We get our ass to provide a good theme, good rules and good prices, and some try to mess up everything. Maybe we are too nice Nehe is holding the best OpenGL website, he has the best tutorial, he invests a lot of time in the website and even pay prices. He even gave YOU the choice of the winner. Is he all too nice? so that suckers even try to get things going wrong. Well, you know who you are is you feel concerned. Good entries will win now, but YOU won''t choose, and YOU are the responsable.
(you can find me on IRC : #opengl on undernet)
Advertisement
it''s a bit of a cliche but, "there''s always one". Some people can''t resist cheating at absolutely anything. If they can''t cheat, they mess it up for everyone else.

I am a bit dissapointed as I didn''t get a chance to vote. I was trying to download all of the demos b4 I voted but I didn''t finish b4 people screwed it up. *sigh*

------------------------------
Baldur K

"It will be happened; it shall be going to be happening; it will be was an event that could will have been taken place in the future."
--time travel explained by Rimmer (Red Dwarf)

"If you don''t gosub a program loop, you''ll never get a subroutine."
-- Kryten (Red Dwarf)
I didn''t get to vote either. I downloaded all the entries, watched them all and the poll was gone before I could enter. I don''t blame NeHe or Slayer (that''s for sure). I blame the morons.

I don''t get where these asses get off. These are the same kids that warez, the same kids that DOS, the same kids that cheat at Counter-Strike. Where''s the enjoyment in all that? It''s childish and stupid. If these kids would put their energies into something THAT MATTERED, the world would be a better place.

For future contests, may I suggest that you count votes from people who are registered with an account on the message boards before the start of the contest?

Good luck with everything, and hope there will be future contests.

ThomW
www.LMNOpc.com
Well, Download the entries and enjoy, that''s why they are there for.

Of course cheaters have a big lack of maturity.

+, for further contests, I think nehe will be quite demotivated.

Anyway, the ones that will be chosen will probably the ones most people liked (not from the poll, but a good entry is still a good entry, whoever sees it)
(you can find me on IRC : #opengl on undernet)
I think its a damn shame that people have to screw this poll up especially as if pisses NeHe off (understandably). However I suspected that someone would find a way to cheat no matter what.

sad, sad, sad.

Baldur K

"It will be happened; it shall be going to be happening; it will be was an event that could will have been taken place in the future."
--time travel explained by Rimmer (Red Dwarf)

"If you don''t gosub a program loop, you''ll never get a subroutine."
-- Kryten (Red Dwarf)
I''m a pretty outspoken person, so I''m not gonna sugarcoat my words about these "cheaters" who screwed everything up. GROW UP GOD DAMMIT! NeHe spends his own money on prizes for a contest, and all the other work that a contest entitles, and some f**king retards go and screw everything up. Age isn''t an excuse for anything either. I''m 16, and I know damn well better than to cheat on a contest, because I have nothing better else to do with my time.

Another thing that I haven''t heard mentioned is the hard work some of the contestants put into their entries. If I spent hours in a dark room in front of a computer, coding my brain out (hold it... that sounds all too familiar...), and then submit my final product, only to find out that some idiots somewhere may have just f**cked my chance of winning a cool prize, I would be wayyyyy beyond pissed.

Back to my hours and hours in a dark room, in front of a computer, coding my brains out.

Trent (ShiningKnight)
E-mail me
I''m a 16 year old computer graphics prodigy. I''m also cooler than you are... I''m modest too.
My opinion: if there will be other contests (and i don''t blame Jeff if he won''t organize others), i think there should be no "material" prizes for the winner, only a bravo !
Because there is always somebody ready to cheat to achieve victory, as we have seen ...

glHorizon_Project

www.web-discovery.net

I don''t think anyone cheated to achieve victory. No way would the kids that cheated have been able to make a demo.

I''m quite sure none of the contestants cheated. They knew their IPs were logged, and knew that any attempt at cheating would totally screw any chances they had at winning.

So I don''t think it has anything to do with the prizes.
--New feature - Windows users, press ALT-F4 to launch the IQ test.
Cheating sux! it takes the challenge and fun out of everything. But then again it could be genetic to those sad loosers who do. I found out just today in chemistry that some people like the smell of gasoline because of a gene.
My life is sad. To be honest i''m 15 and games/programming/bowling is my whole life. i wake up, get on the bus, do my work on the bus somehow, squeeze out good grades with 0 effort because i don''t care about it and i come home to my comp. i''m sad. but since my whole life is comps... this really pisses me off. All involved in organizing the contest(nehe, slayer, etc.)have incredible rights to be mad and i feel they should never hold contests like this again. The kind of people that live in the world, back to the point, if they don''t that takes a chunk out of my life since that is what my life is. There should be no contests until there is a way to root out the nasty mother F-!$%... you get the idea. I think the only way to keep people from cheating in something like this is where the PRIZE IS WORK! yes you heard me! WORK! it should be something like the top x number of people get chosen to work on some game project or something like that. even that doesn''t help though.
My mom bites. She''s making me sleep. I can''t even finish typing! oh well i have a big mouth anyways. your probably all dead tired of reading this by now.
I agree with Fox Mc Cloud, I think demo makers have not cheated.
By me, I can say that it was a great satisfaction seeing people voting me, or receiving emails from someone saying they liked my demo.
I really hope that this will not be the last, since it''s my first contest!!
Bye...
Matteo (tFz)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement