SNES cart. reprograming

Started by
1 comment, last by GameDweeb 22 years, 2 months ago
Somthing I''ve become kind of intrested in, in the past couple of weeks is reprograming game cartridges. I''ve found stuff on Gameboy, but I''d really like to find what you need to do the same stuff on the SNES (what you need to do to replace the burned chip with a flashable memory chip). Then what you need to do to set up an interface to your computer so you can flash a ROM over the cart. and play it on the good old system... I know you can just download stuff off the net and use an emulator, but I just have some nostalgia for the SNES, it''s what I grew up with, it''s the system I''ve had the longest, and played the most games on. So if anyone''s got any information or locations of where to find such information, it would be much appreciated.
Advertisement
Get a MagiCom or a Super Wild Card...

they were piracy devices out at the same time as the SNES which allowed you to store games on floppy disk (i.e. they actually had a physical disk drive and some extra load RAM to replace the cartridge).

--
Simon O''''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

Have you had any luck getting code to run on an emulator?
I also like the SNES, and would like to develop games for it.
The NES is the system that I grew up with and I have just started to code for it, so far I have one demo that runs in a emu. I completely understand the way you feel about getting code to run on the real thing.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement