resources not refreshing

Started by
0 comments, last by graeme 22 years, 3 months ago
Working on a simple blitting program.... I altered the source bitmaps yet when I executed the program it was still using the old images. I changed the active configeration (in VC++) from debug to release, and sure enough the new bitmaps were replaced. If I then change the build configeration back to debug, it uses the old bmps again. Even if I shut down VC++ and restart it. How strange! Can anyone explain why this is?
Advertisement
Are these bitmaps being put into a resource file for the project? If so, you may want to verify this resource file is getting recompiled for the debug build as well as the release build. If you just change the bitmaps themselves, VC++ may not flag the resource file for rebuild, and the debug build will use the bitmaps in the old resource file. If this is the first time you ran a release build, the release version of the file would not exist so it would compile it using the new bitmaps.

Of course, if you aren''t storing the bitmaps in resource files compiled by VC++, then it''s something else, but I can''t think of what it would be if you only have those bitmaps stored in one location on your computer.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement