Email trouble

Started by
1 comment, last by garconbifteck 22 years, 1 month ago
ok, this is nothing to do with programming, but this is the only place i could think of that anyone would be able to help. This has been bugging me since IE6 came out, I haven''t been able to download my email. And to be honest Hotmail has just annoyed me for the last time. My friend, once had the same problem. He couldn''t download his email, so he got IE6 and everything was fine and dandy. For me, the complete opposite I got IE6 and then i couldn''t download my email, i can still send, but not download. Since then i have got Windows XP, but still no changes i get this when i try to download: I have tried it with numerous mail accounts. But no luck. I have tried everything i could think of. Any ideas?
Advertisement
This isn''t the forum for such things but......

If you can send but not download then the server that you are using to download mail has a different address than what you are using. Try looking at the website for your email provider ei. ''www.pc-gaming.com''.

What you want is the POP or POP3 mail server address.

The address you send mail from is called the SMTP server.

You could of course try guessing the address, I''d try :

pop.pc-gaming.com
pop3.pc-gaming.com
in.pc-gaming.com

or copy the address used in your outgoing mail (SMTP).

,Jay

PS: This information and a ''What to do if...'' are usualy found at the place you signed up from, look there not here (my opinion).
I''ve tried it with numerous mail accounts / clients etc. and the adress is definately right.

Agh well, hotmail it is...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement