glGetFloatv(GL_MODELVIEW_MATRIX, mat); ??

Started by
0 comments, last by csxpcm 22 years, 1 month ago
hello all, im trying to figure out the section of code below. the section that confuses me is glGetFloatv(GL_MODELVIEW_MATRIX, mat); what is the GL_MODELVIEW_MATRIX? ive searched google for the keyword, but it just returns example programs with the keyword in (with no comments or explanation). I need a definition or an explanation to help understand it. Could someone tell me what is does, or where a resource exists that provides a description of these things. Thanks in advance! matrix mat, tmat; vector x, y; glGetFloatv(GL_MODELVIEW_MATRIX, mat); mat.Transpose(tmat); x.Set(tmat[0], tmat[1], tmat[2]); y.Set(tmat[4], tmat[5], tmat[6]);
Advertisement
glGetFloatv(GL_MODELVIEW_MATRIX, mat);

would retrieve the values of the current modelview matrix and store it in "mat" matrix.

for more information.

MSDN (glGetFloatv)

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement