Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

HLSL syntax highlighting in Visual Studio 2005

Started by kelley Oct 10, 2006 at 9:18 PM 3 replies 3.1k views
Original Post
kelley
kelley
Syntax highlighting no longer seems to work in Visual Studio 2005 (at least for me.) I have the August 2006 DirectX SDK installed. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, has anyone found a fix for this problem? Thanks!
Dranith
Dranith
If you are using VC++ 2005 express, syntax highlighting is disabled. If you are using standard, professional, or higher, then I'd suggest trying to reinstall the SDK.

reference: http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/showpost.aspx?postid=201508&siteid=1
g0nzo
g0nzo
Same here. Reinstalling SDK didn't help. However there's new October SDK, maybe it will work correctly.

[EDIT] Installing October SDK didn't help. In "About/Installed products" box in VS2005 I can't see "DirectX extensions" installed. I remember it was there before August SDK. Is it possible to install it manually?

[Edited by - g0nzo on October 11, 2006 10:57:53 AM]
kelley
kelley
Just like g0nzo I tried uninstalling the August 2006 SDK and installing the October 2006 SDK and still no syntax highlighting. (I'm using Visual Studio 2005 Professional.)

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.