Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Advanced Direct3D tutorials?

Started by Deficite Dec 11, 2002 at 9:17 AM 3 replies 2.2k views
Original Post
Deficite
Deficite
Hello, Where can I find advanced Direct3D tutorials? I''ve worked my way through most of the basic tutorials around. Meaning: cubes, lights, rotations, textures etc. I''d like some good tutorials on bumpmapping, stencil shadows, per-pixel lighting and vertex- & pixelshaders. Anyone got any idea where I can find this? I prefer C++ but any language is ok as long as it is Direct3D. Thanks in advance, Deficite
Regards,
Deficte
Deficite
Deficite
I''ve been through those sites a zillion times, without result. I''ve been searching google for weeks, looking for a tutorial on bumpmapping in direct3D using shaders(it should include src). The nvidia site is great, except for the fact that they use that HORRIBLE nVidiaFXBrowser to develop all their examples. I hate looking through hundreds of files and extracy the necessities. I just want an andypike or codesampler.com tutorial on advance d3d techniques. Any ideas?

Regards,
Deficite
Regards,
Deficte
Fuzztrek
Fuzztrek
I don''t think your going to find a step by step tutorial on these more advanced topics, at least on the web. Check out some advanced dx graphics books. There seems to be a huge gap between beginner matererial and extremely advanced material. Usually the "extremely advanced material" is more theory than practice. However, I''ve found a lot of tutorials on bump mapping in the sdk and on msdn (google search: bump mapping in direct3D.) These seem to be fairly detailed, however I assume you have looked at them already. Perhaps you could post your code if you are having trouble getting it to work?
IFooBar
IFooBar
Your best option would be to get a book on advanced topics. Also about pixel/vertex shaders, have you tried going through the articles by wolfgang engel articles here on gamedev? Also another really good way to learn advanced stuff is to simply redo all teh samples that are provided microsoft with the dx sdk. they have particle systems, vertex blending, bump mapping, volume fog, stencil shadows, enviromental bump mapping, reflections, billboarding, thats a lot of stuff to learn.


:::Al:::
[Triple Buffer V2.0] - Resource leak imminent. Memory status: Fragile
[size=2]aliak.net

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.