I have a dumb question :D

Started by
44 comments, last by White Wizzer 20 years, 6 months ago
I recently *cough* purchased Microsoft Visual Studio .NET. Just curious, what do I use instead of fstream to send output to files? It seems as if "ofstream" isn''t used anymore. Thanks in advance.
privet!
Advertisement
*cough* RTFM
If you want to write standard, portable C++ code, std::ofstream is fine. What is used in .NET? Some Windows-specific output class?

--
Dave Mikesell Software & Consulting
#include <fstream>
(without the .h)

[edited by - Nik02 on October 17, 2003 8:06:57 AM]

Niko Suni

quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
*cough* RTFM

I guess he could RTFM the software comes with when he *cough* purchased it. But he isn''t a *cough* worthless pirate *cough*, because he surely *coughed* up the cash.

|PicRepository|PicIndex|
IM: CScoder@aol.com/ahmed7500@hotmail.com
Duplicate this sig:
Member of the Ban the Idiot Directxmen Society (BIDS)
Well, R2D22U2..
Serisouly Wizzer, if you are using a pirated copy you can get the fuck out of here. You are the kind of shit that makes our lifes hard.

If not, you need some cough medicine.
Serisouly Wizzer, if you are using a pirated copy you can get the fuck out of here. You are the kind of shit that makes our lifes hard.

If not, you need some cough medicine.

LOL, good one!
Its ok folks. No need to get upset over this pirate. I took the liberty of reporting him to microsoft just now. I provided the link to this forum and mentioned the name in his profile: Joshua Arthurs. Good one numbnuts.
Its ok folks. No need to get upset over this pirate. I took the liberty of reporting him to microsoft just now. I provided the link to this forum and mentioned the name in his profile: Joshua Arthurs. Good one numbnuts.

Thankyou, that''s good to hear.
Uhhhhh.... I really don''t think Microsoft will care.

#1: If they do happen to find out who he is, because when I just searched up google, there were lots of different people named that

#2: They would have to make a huge lawsuite and sue everyone that is using illegal copies of their software. Plus, all they would probably do is make him purchase the software. Microsoft has loads of money and doubt they would want to milk some guy using their software for free.

#3: I''m not completely anti-pirates, but I am to an extent. When it comes to applications like VC++, VC.NET, those should be purchased. But when a game just comes out, (no demos avail. on the internet) then I think it''s justified to download the game to try it out. DONT GET ME WRONG - Keeping that copy, in my mind, is illegal and an insult to the creators. I have purchased well over 30 games, and before I purchased them, I had an illegal copy, which I destroyed after...

I DO NOT ENDOURSE PIRATED COPIES OF ANY KIND, I AM JUST STATING THAT SOME ACTIONS ARE NECESSARY IF YOU WANT TO SPEND YOUR MONEY WISELY!

ps: Getting an illegal / pirated version of a VS.NET or VC++ or anything like that is highly retarded, because you obviously enjoy programming!

Boy.. will I get flamed for this one >

Cheers.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement