Hillary Clinton makes racist joke about Gandhi

Started by
45 comments, last by Tron3k 20 years, 3 months ago
I can''t believe nobody posted this yet. If it has been posted, I''ll delete this thread. Anyway ... Google Search: hillary clinton gandhi From FOX News, because of course we want maximal sensationalism:
quote: Speaking of apologies, New York Democratic Sen. Hillary Clinton (search) says she regrets telling a St. Louis audience that the late Indian leader Mahatma Gandhi (search) -- a spiritual father of non-violent protest -- used to run a gas station in their hometown. Clinton says it was a -- "lame attempt at humor." However, the administrator at the Gandhi Institute for Nonviolence in Tennessee says the remarks could still be unintentionally harmful, adding -- "I find it offensive when people use stereotypes in that way."
I don''t know how anyone can be that stupid.
“[The clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” - Thomas Jefferson
Advertisement
Hmmm, you can hear the actual recording here.

You know, it''s actually kind of a funny joke.
“[The clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” - Thomas Jefferson
Eh. I''ve heard more offensive comments than that, I''m sure ...

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take damage.
"A page of history is worth a volume of logic." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

Yep. From the articles I read it sounded like some horrible thing, but it''s really not that bad. Perhaps that''s why the whole thing basically blew over.
One of those jokes which just doesn''t translate into text, you really need the tone of voice.
_______________________________________Pixelante Game Studios - Fowl Language
The media blows things way out of proportion just to fill a few pages or extend a show a few min.
I don''t find it funny at all. That was absolutely retarded.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

quote:Original post by PumpkinPieman
The media blows things way out of proportion just to fill a few pages or extend a show a few min.

oh, come on. The Senator of New York has no business saying anything like that. It''s not even a mix up like the racist joke her husband made: "America doesn''t Welsh on its debts," which could be explained away as a common saying that was not REALIZED as offensive. Hillary Clinton had to write that on paper, or her speach writers did, and it had to pass through sensitivity checkers. If she said it spur of the moment, then she is a pretty poor politician for not following the script.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

quote:
Eh. I''ve heard more offensive comments than that, I''m sure ...

Yea but how care about you? You never got laid by Bill Clinton (I''m assuming), which is why its extra specail that it came from her and not some average joe.
It was so utterly non-funny to me that I don''t think I get the joke.

Could someone explain it in a couple sentances? I really have no idea how that could be interpretted as funny to anyone... I don''t get it.
"I want to make a simple MMORPG first" - Fenryl

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement