Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Syntax highlighting in VS.NET 2003

Started by Desdemona May 2, 2004 at 5:07 PM 4 replies 2.3k views
Original Post
Desdemona
Desdemona
Does anyone know how to make Visual Studio.NET 2003 apply C/C++ style syntax highlighting to AngelScript script files? I''ve only been able to find info on how to do this in VS6.
meink
meink
I''m using MSVC6 and never thought to find out whether this was possible. Now my script files look as pretty as the rest of my code Thanks for the prompting.

Can''t help you with your .NET problem though. Sorry.

- Xavier
SiCrane
SiCrane
You can get MSVC 7.1 to apply existing language syntax highlighting/editting modes to new file extensions. For example, on my computer I want the .cow extension to have the same syntax highlighting and basically be treated in every other way like a .h file, so I added to my registry this key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.1\Languages\File Extensions\.cow]
@="{B2F072B0-ABC1-11D0-9D62-00C04FD9DFD9}"

If you wanted C# instead of C/C++ you can use:
{694DD9B6-B865-4C5B-AD85-86356E9C88DC} instead of {B2F072B0-ABC1-11D0-9D62-00C04FD9DFD9}

Java is {E6FDF88A-F3D1-11D4-8576-0002A516ECE8} and VB is {E34ACDC0-BAAE-11D0-88BF-00A0C9110049}.

Usual warning applies: this is a non-documented, non-supported feature and messing with the registry can have adverse effects on your computer and/or sex life, etc.

I figured this one out messing with the registry directly, so there may be easier methods out there.
WitchLord
WitchLord
Thanks for helping out SiCrane.

I haven''t started using VS.Net yet, but when I do this will come in handy.


__________________________________________________________
www.AngelCode.com - game development and more...
AngelScript - free scripting library - Tower - free puzzle game
AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - <a href="http://www.angelcode.com/tower" rel
Desdemona
Desdemona
Great, that worked. Thanks for the info

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.