Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Please provide some feedback on our games title image

Started by sherman Jun 28, 2004 at 11:01 AM 26 replies 5.2k views
aleclair
aleclair
Your link is broken, but I figured out what it was trying to link to anyway.

I think the two pink ones are better than the black one, and out of those two, I liked the first one the best.

Andy
SnakeHunta
SnakeHunta
The first pink one is pretty good. I think a black one with the same font as the first pink one would also look pretty good.
WiLD2
WiLD2
Alpha Kimori Title Pics

I like that top title with the larger 'K' on Kimori and larger 'Alpha' text. I wonder how it would look on a dark background.
---Real programmers don't comment their code. It was hard enough to write, it should be hard to understand!
pan narrans
pan narrans
I also like the first one best [smile]

I can see a common trend developing here ...
Minister of Propaganda : leighstringer.com : Nobody likes the man who brings bad news - Sophocles (496 BC - 406 BC), Antigone
Donald Duck
Donald Duck
The middle pink is natural handwriting, but it has a bug, as well as the bottom one
You should not fall, but rise with your text otherwise you provoke subconsciously
a down with your brand. The uppermost is correct, but the letters are unnatural for
leisure handwriting style.
Good luck
defanual
defanual
Yep, i like the first one best too, although the 3rd one is interesting also.

Nice stuff all in all :)!
Leroy Frederick - Director / Lead Designer www.ETERNALSYNDROME.com - ETERNAL SYNDROME™ - “Play YOUR Emagination!”™
sherman
sherman
Thanks a lot for the feedback, guys! Looks like the first
one it is unless I get some other opinions from other sites.
Donald Duck, thanks for the in-depth analysis of the writing
style. Perhaps we will make the letters rise instead.
Onikan
Onikan
Quote:
Original post by Donald Duck
The middle pink is natural handwriting, but it has a bug, as well as the bottom one
You should not fall, but rise with your text otherwise you provoke subconsciously
a down with your brand. The uppermost is correct, but the letters are unnatural for
leisure handwriting style.
Good luck

As a graphic designer and brand strategist, I have to disagree. The "rising" or "falling" of type is irrelevant in most cases.

Sherman: I like the first logo and the last logo, however, the first is more appropriate for a game while the last is more appropriate for... shampoo. In other words, the first is fun-looking, but the last is elegant--classy.
Donald Duck
Donald Duck
Quote:
Original post by Onikan
Quote:
Original post by Donald Duck
The middle pink is natural handwriting, but it has a bug, as well as the bottom one
You should not fall, but rise with your text otherwise you provoke subconsciously
a down with your brand. The uppermost is correct, but the letters are unnatural for
leisure handwriting style.
Good luck

As a graphic designer and brand strategist, I have to disagree. The "rising" or "falling" of type is irrelevant in most cases.

Sherman: I like the first logo and the last logo, however, the first is more appropriate for a game while the last is more appropriate for... shampoo. In other words, the first is fun-looking, but the last is elegant--classy.


Quack! If you find one successfull brand whith the falling logo report it to the Belive it or not
coloumn in your local newspaper.
Onikan
Onikan
Quote:
Original post by Donald Duck
Quote:
Original post by Onikan
Quote:
Original post by Donald Duck
The middle pink is natural handwriting, but it has a bug, as well as the bottom one
You should not fall, but rise with your text otherwise you provoke subconsciously
a down with your brand. The uppermost is correct, but the letters are unnatural for
leisure handwriting style.
Good luck

As a graphic designer and brand strategist, I have to disagree. The "rising" or "falling" of type is irrelevant in most cases.

Sherman: I like the first logo and the last logo, however, the first is more appropriate for a game while the last is more appropriate for... shampoo. In other words, the first is fun-looking, but the last is elegant--classy.


Quack! If you find one successfull brand whith the falling logo report it to the Belive it or not
coloumn in your local newspaper.

You're not using the term "brand" correctly. As a member of LogoLounge.com and as a researcher (who owns a successful strategic branding firm that has a "falling" logo), I can honestly say that you have not done your homework, or at least as much homework as I.
sherman
sherman
Thanks for your professional opinion, Onikan.
Anyway since the general consensus is on the first two logos,
we improved on them slightly. I am not even sure if
you guys can spot the differences but any feedback would be
great. Thanks! ^_^
_________________ Best regards, Sherman Chin Director Sherman3D (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd www.Sherman3D.com www.AlphaKimori.com
Pipo DeClown
Pipo DeClown
Haha I like the first one better too. The style is very.. very.. final.. very.. final fantasy-like :D
sherman
sherman
Are you sure you guys prefer the first one? Every other forum
I have posted the two new updated logos in seem to prefer the
second now. Thanks. ^_^
Onikan
Onikan
Hrm, go with the second logo. The first logo has some Photoshop effects which make the text look amateurish. Or show us a version of the first one without the gradient and outer glow. The first one will look much better if it acquires the same attributes as the second logo. The first one reminds me of Saga Frontier's logo.
Fritzcat
Fritzcat
The second logo has a distinct rythm which the first one is missing. The first one
has some unnatural, forced handwriting flavour, which is (don't take it as an insult)
a slight bit in the average junior designer's manner. Good your new second logo
has lost the malheureuse from left to right falling flow. Advice: The "K" shoul be
slightly lowered to give the whole logo a hint of rising (message to the user: Rising enterprise, rising sales and profit). Remember, the first thing that the end user sees is
the logo. You cannot be too carefull.

sherman
sherman
Onikan, LOL didn't you advise me to go with the first
logo before because the second logo is more suited for
shampoo?

So many conflicting opinions here. 0_o;
Onikan
Onikan
You always need to look at a logo once, then put it away for a week, and look at it again. I said go with the first logo because I was visualizing it with some attributes of the second logo's type. That was my first impression. I never liked the non-complementing colors of the gradient or the outer glow.

I think it depends on your game too. If it's more futuristic than fantasy, the second logo fits well. Vice versa.

I concur with Fritzcat's conclusion.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.