Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Political Compass

Started by Densun Aug 6, 2004 at 3:36 PM 45 replies 2.5k views
Original Post
Densun
Densun
I don't think we've a thread for this after the demise of the politics forum. Where are you on the Political Compass? I'm near Gandhi and Nelson Mandela. Economic Left/Right: -7.62 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.18
cozman
cozman
I forget my exact numbers but I know I was like economic: -8 and social: -5 or something in that general area.
twix
twix
Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.03

I'm more central than you guys.
jfclavette
jfclavette
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 4.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72


Pretty good... I feel it should have been something like

4.5 -7
I teleported home one night; With Ron and Sid and Meg; Ron stole Meggie's heart away; And I got Sydney's leg. <> I'm blogging, emo style
noel33
noel33
I'm near no one.
Economic Left/Right: 5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Acoustica
Acoustica
Economic Left/Right: -4.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.41

Me and the Dalai Lama are kicking it together. [grin]
happylrac
happylrac
Economic Left/Right: 0.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.05

Lol. I'm like, almost smack dead in the middle. According to the chart I'm right there with Gerhard Schroder. And I hate that guy.

I think that chart thing is messed up. I think it just tallies how far you are up or down, left or right. I think it ignores the relationships between the answers of the questions.
tHiSiSbOb
tHiSiSbOb
Economic Left/Right: -7.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.26
----------------------------------------------------"Plant a tree. Remove a Bush" -A bumper sticker I saw.
Agony
Agony
Economic Left/Right: -2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.74

Kinda moderate, I suppose, but I do like the quadrant I'm in. Some of the questions I wish had an "Undecided" option on, and as always, I was tempted on a significant number of them to try to over-analyze the question and read into things, and then I totally lost the meaning of the question (which is one reason I like the "Undecided" options to be available).
"We should have a great fewer disputes in the world if words were taken for what they are, the signs of our ideas nly, and not for things themselves." - John Locke o
tareco
tareco
Economic Left/Right: 5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.13
Salsa
Salsa
Economic Left/Right: -3.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Kult House - Fresh Production Media
Etnu
Etnu
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.64

I'm in line with the Dali Lama and Ghandi. Go figure.

Unfortunately, these questions were just a little too slanted. There are much larger, grey areas. Just because I happen to agree that marijuana should be legal, for example, doesn't mean much.
---------------------------Hello, and Welcome to some arbitrary temporal location in the space-time continuum.
Mscgamer
Mscgamer
Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.38
bastard2k5
bastard2k5
12/10/2003
Quote:

Economic Left/Right -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -3.59

now fast forward to now.
Economic Left/Right: -5.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.23
Yann L
Yann L
Economic Left/Right: -7.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.03

I don't remember my previous numbers, but they weren't too far off.

Quote:
Original post by happylrac
Lol. I'm like, almost smack dead in the middle. According to the chart I'm right there with Gerhard Schroder. And I hate that guy.

I think that chart thing is messed up.

It could also mean that many US right wing voters aren't really right wing at all, but refuse to concede that, because of the demonization of words such as liberal and libertarian.
happylrac
happylrac
Quote:
Original post by Yann L
It could also mean that many US right wing voters aren't really right wing at all, but refuse to concede that, because of the demonization of words such as liberal and libertarian.


Could be. Could be.

But is 'libertarian' demonized? I've never heard it demonized...
Zahlman
Zahlman
I'm around -4,-4; don't remember exactly.

All you Americans kickin' it all up in this quadrant: how does it feel to see how far away you are even from Kerry let alone Bush? o_O
xlotl
xlotl
Economic Left/Right: 2.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.82

I think that's probably about right although I would answer some of those questions differently based on circumstances. It's strange that on the international chart on the bottom of the page there is no one listed in this quadrant.
normal31337guy
normal31337guy
Everyone appears to be miles away from Bush!!!

I got -0.25 and 0.2 which is a sort of nothing area where no one is. I am unique!

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.